Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forkupines: 'Sugar - Faith'
Gave it a shot

Comments welcome

KSmile

.mp3    Forkupines-Sugar Faith-03.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(15-06-2019, 12:16 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Gave it a shot

Comments welcome

KSmile

I tried to balance the guitar over the panorama. first to center, 2.3 to left and 4, 5 right. I would also recommend sampling the drums and mix the live ones. wash separately, they are no good. they are not combined with guitars or bass. (well, this is just my opinion) good work!
(15-06-2019, 07:24 AM)JunglestateUnion Wrote:
(15-06-2019, 12:16 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Gave it a shot

Comments welcome

KSmile

I tried to balance the guitar over the panorama. first to center, 2.3 to left and 4, 5 right. I would also recommend sampling the drums and mix the live ones. wash separately, they are no good. they are not combined with guitars or bass. (well, this is just my opinion) good work!

Thanks for the tips Jungle, much appreciated

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
drums are definitely holding things back right now. The guitars and bass sound pretty good already though. I'd completely replace the snare and kick with something more fitting and clean up those OHs and ride,hi-hat mics.
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
(19-06-2019, 08:23 PM)axxessdenied Wrote: drums are definitely holding things back right now. The guitars and bass sound pretty good already though. I'd completely replace the snare and kick with something more fitting and clean up those OHs and ride,hi-hat mics.

Thanks Niko

I agree, next version Ill replace and blend the kick and snare

Cheers
KSmile
The main thing I miss on your mix ist rhythm, groove and move. The problem with the wall of guitar sound is that they impart almost no rhythm and groove, that's just how they were recorded. Therefor I'd push the drums'n'bass more. Or use the guitar DI tracks in oder to get more rhythmical definition. Careful with too loud cymbals, at times the crash to the left is a bit annoying.

Another thing is to watch out and underline the transition e.g. from verses to chorus or to the wall of guter soundparts, so that the chorus really jumps out and catches you as a listener. Bring in more contrast for example a closer vocal in the verse and a bigger vocal in the chorus. Bigger in the sense of reverb and delay.

Just some thoughts, cheers Smile
(22-06-2019, 07:44 PM)AndyGallas Wrote: The main thing I miss on your mix ist rhythm, groove and move. The problem with the wall of guitar sound is that they impart almost no rhythm and groove, that's just how they were recorded. Therefor I'd push the drums'n'bass more. Or use the guitar DI tracks in oder to get more rhythmical definition. Careful with too loud cymbals, at times the crash to the left is a bit annoying.

Another thing is to watch out and underline the transition e.g. from verses to chorus or to the wall of guter soundparts, so that the chorus really jumps out and catches you as a listener. Bring in more contrast for example a closer vocal in the verse and a bigger vocal in the chorus. Bigger in the sense of reverb and delay.

Just some thoughts, cheers Smile

Thanks Andy, some good thoughts to take into consideration, thank you for commenting, that helps a lot.