Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Darkride - Burning Bridges
Here is my mix and a quickly mastered version - any feedback welcome!

.mp3    DarkRide_BurningBridges_Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 8.72 MB)

.mp3    DarkRide_BurningBridges.mp3 --  (Download: 8.74 MB)

Balances are ok for the most part but I really think those guitars could use more mids. they sound a lil too mid scooped imo.
Agree with above but still a great sounding mix.Well balanced and punchy .
Those guitars could have a bit more low end as they wont effect the kick and
bass and make the mix sound a bigger and fuller .Great work,really enjoyed the listen
Thanks for the feedback! The low end of the guitars is something i had doubts about at points, so its quite nice to hear you both have the same thoughts. Considering i play guitar and love rock/metal they can be a horrible blind spot for me. Next time i will follow my gut a bit more!
Urgh - what happened to my beefy guitar sound? I´m sorry but I couldn't listen to this mix for very long because the guitars were kinda ear piercing.
(01-06-2019, 11:16 AM)Blitzzz Wrote: Urgh - what happened to my beefy guitar sound? I´m sorry but I couldn't listen to this mix for very long because the guitars were kinda ear piercing.

I am genuinely sorry it upset you that much and can't help but take that to heart! I thought I would have a quick blast at fixing them. I removed some compression and high boost on the Main Guitars. I then changed a couple of other small things as well to try to make things work together still in the mix. My apologies if its still a long way of the mark for you! Wink

.mp3    DarkRide_BurningBridges_AltGui.mp3 --  (Download: 8.74 MB)