Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bright Angel mix
Hey guys, this is my second time here and this time I have done something different, I tried the Harrison Mixbus sound and I think it was an interesting process on it.

Without any FX just analog's circuit simulation.

Hope you like it.

.mp3    ColebrookRoad_BrightAngel_session_19-03-03.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

Nat MT
Audio producer and engineer

AES Member / PIAudio member / ASA Latin America
Student
(04-03-2019, 04:40 AM)natalyt96 Wrote: Hey guys, this is my second time here and this time I have done something different, I tried the Harrison Mixbus sound and I think it was an interesting process on it.

Hope you like it.

Very natural and phase coherent mix Nataly! I have to revise mine as it sounds phasey in comparison with yours. This was a difficult one due to the spill and harsh instruments on the tracks. Harrison DAW its super fun! I will like to hear how you feel it improves or hinders your mixing process. Take care and keep on mixing!

Great choice of grabbing for the Harrison Mixbus on this I like the smooth balances you’ve done here.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(04-03-2019, 10:53 PM)javierpg84 Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 04:40 AM)natalyt96 Wrote: Hey guys, this is my second time here and this time I have done something different, I tried the Harrison Mixbus sound and I think it was an interesting process on it.

Hope you like it.

Very natural and phase coherent mix Nataly! I have to revise mine as it sounds phasey in comparison with yours. This was a difficult one due to the spill and harsh instruments on the tracks. Harrison DAW its super fun! I will like to hear how you feel it improves or hinders your mixing process. Take care and keep on mixing!

Hello my friend, it is the first time I mix with this DAW, it only includes the EQ and the compressor that would bring Harrison's physical console, so it was a challenge for me because I wanted to add more things, but I am satisfied with the result, Harrison added more weight and warmth to the song.

I really feel that Pro Tools has a cleaner sound, but the bleed of this song merited an analogous processing with less elements. I did not use more plugins than EQ and a compressor because I don't have more Harrison plugins. So, I consider that if you have more elements you feel you really need to include everything while mixing but with less elements it is an obligation to work more in the phase, balance and final color with compressors.

I will try to create a master for this song, if you buy the DAW now it brings a Mastering EQ, so, I don't know how could it be but for mixing is okay.

Regards,
Nat MT

Student
(05-03-2019, 03:44 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Great choice of grabbing for the Harrison Mixbus on this I like the smooth balances you’ve done here.

Hello mate,

I really appreciate your comment here. It has always been difficult for me to put the voice in its place, I mean, to be the center of attention, but I reviewed the phases of the audio tracks and managed to put everything in its place.

It's good to listen to the band before, so you have an idea of what to look for in the mix.
Nat MT

Student