Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Ikebe Shakedown The Last Stand ,2020 mix
So many good mixes of this track i hope mine is just as good: Big Grin
Hi all,i felt that i had to do a up to date mix once i felt that i was improving so here it is 2020 mix.

.mp3    Ikebe Shakedown The Last Stand mix01 redone.mp3 --  (Download: 8.47 MB)

.mp3    Ikebe Shakedown The Last Stand 2020 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.56 MB)

Reaper user
Had to redo mix 01 made a few errors in "mastering" stage did not even put dither on,"D,OH"anyway here is my mix.
Reaper user
I don't know, Joe. Your mix sounds narrow and the horns are very distant and lifeless. Not your usual greatness.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(07-02-2019, 04:02 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I don't know, Joe. Your mix sounds narrow and the horns are very distant and lifeless. Not your usual greatness.
Thanks I know and I totally agree with you, it's one of those tracks i wasn't comfortable with from the startBig Grin
Reaper user
(08-02-2019, 08:16 AM)Cudjoe Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 04:02 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I don't know, Joe. Your mix sounds narrow and the horns are very distant and lifeless. Not your usual greatness.
Thanks I know and I totally agree with you, it's one of those tracks i wasn't comfortable with from the startBig Grin

Oh yeah, I get that. Blush
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Ok iam back on this mix.
Reaper user
The first mix sounded terrible. The under snare mic sounds really over compressed and the horns sound messed up and phasy somehow. If you just balance the tracks well without any processing, you end up with something much better than this.

The second mix sounds pretty good. Nice to see someone learning the craft Smile
(15-08-2020, 05:35 PM)Frej Wrote: The first mix sounded terrible. The under snare mic sounds really over compressed and the horns sound messed up and phasy somehow. If you just balance the tracks well without any processing, you end up with something much better than this.

The second mix sounds pretty good. Nice to see someone learning the craft Smile
Thanks for your comments and totally agree with the first mix,i just couldn't settle with it so i thought that i will give it a while before i attempted it again,thanks once. again.
Reaper user