Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEAD ROSES (100% Logic Pro Stock Mix & Master)
Mixed and mastered with logic pro stock plugins.
by the way...
The girl who sings here is so beautiful... fell in love Lol

anyways here is my mix.

Thoughts welcome.

V2. Took a Different approach to balancing and tweak a few Eq's here and there.

.mp3    DeadRoses16bitM.mp3 --  (Download: 9.08 MB)

.mp3    DeadRoses-AndrewCole2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.08 MB)

This mix is in a bit of a pickle.
He sounds like he is singing into a well.
Bass needs pinning down more with comp
Snare way too far back in the mix and too wet.
Nothing is consistent in the mix, stuff is jumping out all over.
Sounds like snare overheads are very compressed with lots of nasty artifax
If I were you I would start with the drums and just send them all out to a para comp aux.
Build the rest around that then add verb to taste after
(25-03-2016, 09:10 PM)takka360 Wrote: This mix is in a bit of a pickle.
He sounds like he is singing into a well.
Bass needs pinning down more with comp
Snare way too far back in the mix and too wet.
Nothing is consistent in the mix, stuff is jumping out all over.
Sounds like snare overheads are very compressed with lots of nasty artifax
If I were you I would start with the drums and just send them all out to a para comp aux.
Build the rest around that then add verb to taste after

Thanks for the feedback Takka, will take a different approach and see if you like it better.

Is V2 better than the first one?
(27-03-2016, 04:50 AM)Shul Wrote:
(25-03-2016, 09:10 PM)takka360 Wrote:

Is V2 better than the first one?

A good mix is something you really like and not others, I think. If it's made not for a client for his money.
Both versions sound interesting.
Well done
Quote:A good mix is something you really like and not others, I think. If it's made not for a client for his money.
I could not agree more - obviously there are times when people need some help, but this opens the lid on one big problem with forums like this.

We are not all monitoring (listening) in ideal acoustically treated & designed rooms, with ideal monitors, everything calibrated and aligned. Some are fortunate enough to have really good gear and listening environments, some are not.

The terminology people use can be totally confusing. I remember from working live some of the terms people would come up with: Woofy, Wooly, Fluffy, Woody, Swishy, Airy, Watery and many more 'one-word' gems. My all time favourite would have to be 'wobbly' Rolleyes

Terms such as these will mean different things to different people and change depending on the context. Some terms just make you shake your head and wonder 'what the hell does that mean?'

Takka I am going to quote you, but definitely not knocking you...
Quote:This mix is in a bit of a pickle.
This made me laugh, a new one to me. What does this actually mean?
In my mind, the mix is pretty good, it is very typical with this style of music.

Quote:He sounds like he is singing into a well.
Reading this, to me I would interpret this as being to much reverb. Does not sound like there is an abundance of reverb to me.

Quote:Bass needs pinning down more with comp
Bass is 100% typical for this type of song.

Quote:Snare way too far back in the mix and too wet.
This is a good example of what I was getting at in respect to different monitors and listening environments. The snare sounds fine to me.

Quote:Nothing is consistent in the mix, stuff is jumping out all over.
I don't hear anything jumping out and hitting me in the head or overly prominent. I think it is a nice mix actually.
► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60
really good mix! i dont agree with takka360.

My only comment is that maybe the drums could sound with more body, more round. but that is just my opinion! good job
(21-05-2019, 01:29 AM)nicores Wrote: really good mix! i dont agree with takka360.

My only comment is that maybe the drums could sound with more body, more round. but that is just my opinion! good job

Thanks!
(06-01-2019, 01:36 PM)Cranky Emu Wrote: I don't hear anything jumping out and hitting me in the head or overly prominent. I think it is a nice mix actually.

Jup have to agree. I do like the second version better but I dont think the first version was sour (
Quote:This mix is in a bit of a pickle.
, You see what I did there? Wink)
Anyway the second version has nicer tones which compliment each other better and make for a coherent soundscape. I'd prefer less prominent transients on the drums but that is a creative choice.

Cheers,
LukasAngel