Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow Down - Jessica Childress - Please comment
Hi!

This is my try on Jessica Childress Slow Down, let me know what you think!
Thanks!
J.

.mp3    Slow Down.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

Hey, Javi. I like how commanding the voice sounds, cutting easily thru piano and guitar. The snare drum sounds great too, sharp and biting, but it seems to lose some of it on some fills, especially at the first verse and bridge (some automation would easily fix it).

The backing vocals could be better, too, though it's really hard to get something usable of those raws. Maybe doubling the one on the left side (the higher pitched falsetto one) and giving some more hi-end could do the trick, but again that could be hard to do given the bleeding.

But really, a very groovy and energetic mix ¡Muy buena!
(07-10-2018, 09:14 PM)Deliza Wrote: Hey, Javi. I like how commanding the voice sounds, cutting easily thru piano and guitar. The snare drum sounds great too, sharp and biting, but it seems to lose some of it on some fills, especially at the first verse and bridge (some automation would easily fix it).

The backing vocals could be better, too, though it's really hard to get something usable of those raws. Maybe doubling the one on the left side (the higher pitched falsetto one) and giving some more hi-end could do the trick, but again that could be hard to do given the bleeding.

But really, a very groovy and energetic mix ¡Muy buena!

Hi Deliza! Thanks for your suggestions!! I'm gonna try a new version!