Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk to me baby (SNP mix)
Here is my versión of this amazing song, Talk to me baby, congratulations to the band! any comment it will be well recived.

greetings from Chile!

Sergio
[email protected]

.mp3    Talk to me baby (SNP mix) v6.mp3 (5.89 MB).mp3 --  (Download: 7.33 MB)

I want to share one tip that I learned:

Someday I asked: "how i will know if my mix is finished?", I recived the next answer: never, you dont finish mixes, you abandoned them. When you dont have more to do with it, it will be finished. Is an art, always it will be something to improve.

In this context, we have to listen our mix several days after we think is finished, then write down the things that we have to fix, then the thing that we have to improve. And do this cicle several times.

This is my list, I will work in these points the next week:

Fixes:
1) reduce 0.5 db the voice at the start of the song.
2) delete double drum kick (0:57)
3) reduce mid frec in the chorus
4) reduce 0.5 db to the guitar solo, take care with high frec
5) sustractive EQ in "can't prove" (1:55)

Improves:
1) re use guitar hook (0:06) in several part of the song.
2) improve volume automatization in "aloooong"
3) double the voice in some part of the chorus
And this is the result. Versión 7. Comments welcome!

greetings

Sergio

.mp3    Talk to me baby (SNP mix) v7.mp3 --  (Download: 7.21 MB)

Pay attention to the drums. I don't hear the kick. (at all...). And don't go too far with reverberation. And to tell the truth - it's a bad recording. Try something more easy for the beginning.
Sasha MD
(01-07-2018, 06:54 PM)Coulomb Wrote: Pay attention to the drums. I don't hear the kick. (at all...). And don't go too far with reverberation. And to tell the truth - it's a bad recording. Try something more easy for the beginning.

Thank you Sasha, you right! is a bad recording, in fact, there Is no kick, there Is a nuclear bomb in that track... I had to replace it. I Will make space for that frecuencies. Wish recording do u recommend to start?
I can recomend Angels In Amplifiers: 'I'm Alright. This is a good recording and it doesn't have much tracks. Try it.
Sasha MD
Thank you Coulomb! I Will do it. I heard your mixes, and they are really great, clear, balanced, etc..
(02-07-2018, 08:30 AM)Coulomb Wrote: I can recomend Angels In Amplifiers: 'I'm Alright. This is a good recording and it doesn't have much tracks. Try it.

I did it. Thank you for your advice Coulomb!
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=23667