Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hammer Down (FINAL MIX UPDATE)
Damn this band is sick man... Big Grin Thanks for providing the tracks blitzz

Well here is my first take.. I'm still so rusty... been away from audio for a while.

thoughts?

UPDATE:
After listening to the world class mixer mix I decided to open the project as I never did get a final mix on this song.
Two complete different takes and feels.. Honestly like the updated version. I prefer it over the old one.

UPDATE 2:
Final mix posted. Sometimes less is better. Knocked back on the reverb on things and it made wonders. This is the best mix of this song I've gotten and therefore I will settle with this one as the final. I hope you all enjoy as much as I did.

Thanks for the masters mix version Blitzz. In my case it was an eye opener.

.mp3    HammerDown.Shul.mp3 --  (Download: 11.49 MB)

.mp3    HammerDownMix2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.49 MB)

.mp3    HammerDownFinal.mp3 --  (Download: 11.49 MB)

(25-08-2017, 01:16 AM)Shul Wrote: Damn this band is sick man... Big Grin Thanks for providing the tracks blitzz

Well here is my first take.. I'm still so rusty... been away from audio for a while.

thoughts?

Awesome man, the guitars are really crisp and sound amazing.
Thought I feel that the main vocal is little bit hidden behind the mix, do you?

Great job man overall!
(25-08-2017, 01:16 AM)Shul Wrote: Damn this band is sick man... Big Grin Thanks for providing the tracks blitzz

thoughts?

When I listen at lower volumes the guitars are good to go, but when I listen at louder volumes they seem a little harsh. It could be my headphones though. Maybe its a certain frequency range that's building up in the guitars, maybe not. Other than that I like the mix.

Later!
(16-01-2018, 06:13 AM)MikeGoPro Wrote:

thoughts?

When I listen at lower volumes the guitars are good to go, but when I listen at louder volumes they seem a little harsh. It could be my headphones though. Maybe its a certain frequency range that's building up in the guitars, maybe not. Other than that I like the mix.

Later!

No you are right.. I turned the volume all the way up and they do sound harsh.. Perhaps I did too much limiter on the whole mix.. Thanks for the feedback
(04-01-2018, 02:01 AM)Mat397 Wrote:

thoughts?

Awesome man, the guitars are really crisp and sound amazing.
Thought I feel that the main vocal is little bit hidden behind the mix, do you?

Great job man overall!

I agree the vocals could come up more.. They do get masked here and there.. Thanks for the dfeedback

Final mix posted. Hope all 3 versions of my mixes can serve as proof that you can get better and better.
(17-06-2018, 11:30 PM)Shul Wrote: Final mix posted. Hope all 3 versions of my mixes can serve as proof that you can get better and better.

Hi Shul

Final mix sounds great..nice dynamics, and yes, every mix got better.
Great Job!

Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(18-06-2018, 04:59 AM)KMuzic Wrote:
(17-06-2018, 11:30 PM)Shul Wrote: Final mix posted. Hope all 3 versions of my mixes can serve as proof that you can get better and better.

Hi Shul

Final mix sounds great..nice dynamics, and yes, every mix got better.
Great Job!

Cheers
KSmile

Thanks for feedback Smile
I think each mix is a little different I do like the first one but, I like the adjustment in the master version with the top end. My listening environment isn’t the best or my speakers so the low end I have a hard time judging it so take this with a grain of salt lol…. I feel the bass and kic need some adjusting to lock them in.At times the same happens with the gt and bass where there is some build up in the 100 to 200 range again could be my system not the best listening environment. Overall very nice mix and it fits into this style.
Thanks for sharing.
(12-07-2018, 09:55 PM)jerze Wrote: I think each mix is a little different I do like the first one but, I like the adjustment in the master version with the top end. My listening environment isn’t the best or my speakers so the low end I have a hard time judging it so take this with a grain of salt lol…. I feel the bass and kic need some adjusting to lock them in.At times the same happens with the gt and bass where there is some build up in the 100 to 200 range again could be my system not the best listening environment. Overall very nice mix and it fits into this style.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for feedback. Listening to is I think snare is a bit too loud and kick could come up more. Well you could be right I mixed this in headphones so my low end ref wasn't the best. Oops.