Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Corine Corine
Very nice stuff! An ear pleasure.
(19-06-2017, 08:53 AM)viemdaucoxuong Wrote: Good stuff!!!
Nice one mate well done,you seem to have turned a corner in your mixing of late.

Thanks for The feedback Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(11-05-2018, 05:56 AM)focal65 Wrote: Very nice stuff! An ear pleasure.

Thanks for having a listen I appreciate it !
Cheers Big Grin

The one thing that I actually loved about your mix was how fat the bass was, its a matter of taste I think. Its a big track, in your mix everything is just riding on that bass and it's nice. Its a taste thing I think. Is there a low boost of EQ on it, or some kind of subharmonic generator, or a reverb? That might be what's making it feel too loud. I think the level is probably fine, it feels like something below 160 Hz is too much by a tiny margin, because when it goes to higher register it's perfect. It might be a single note that is resonating with the EQ, because a lot of the time it sounds fine. It is possible to find that note, and automate the eq down every time he plays it. Sounds maybe like meticulous thing to do but you can do it in a few hours. The rest of the notes love that boost, whatever it is, the one does not.
(21-05-2018, 05:11 PM)DanLane Wrote: The one thing that I actually loved about your mix was how fat the bass was, its a matter of taste I think. Its a big track, in your mix everything is just riding on that bass and it's nice. Its a taste thing I think. Is there a low boost of EQ on it, or some kind of subharmonic generator, or a reverb? That might be what's making it feel too loud. I think the level is probably fine, it feels like something below 160 Hz is too much by a tiny margin, because when it goes to higher register it's perfect. It might be a single note that is resonating with the EQ, because a lot of the time it sounds fine. It is possible to find that note, and automate the eq down every time he plays it. Sounds maybe like meticulous thing to do but you can do it in a few hours. The rest of the notes love that boost, whatever it is, the one does not.
Hi Dan ,
Thanks for having a listen and detailed feedback you have good ears and monitors ,I mixed this on Adobe audition with stock plugins think ,would have just used the stock parametric and roll everything off all High frequencies and add the sub bass to the mix ran through the limiter ,the bump maybe the crossover of the frequency rolled off with the parametric !
I am due for another mix soon based on your feedback !
Here is a 5 minute version using the free Nova TDR taming some bass frequencies .
Cheers for the feedback Big Grin

.mp3    Corina-V3 dynamic eq..mp3 --  (Download: 6.36 MB)