Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CEF Mallorca GSII 'Viviendo Del Reves' MikeGoPro Mix
What's up guys, I hope all is well with everyone. Here's a WIP of this cool song. I was going for mix that is smooth(less harsh) yet still exciting with a solid low end. I think I spent about 1.5 hours on it. I tried the top down approach again, trying to mix into the busses, and then tweak inserts as needed. I still haven't automated or side chained anything yet, but I figured what the heck, and decided to submit it as is. Cool

Happy Easter!Big Grin

Quick update: After listening to it again I decided to apply some side chains to clear up the mix a little bit.

Cheers for Bunny Ears! Tongue

Update: 4/3/18
Cleaned up some masking and muddiness with some equalization adjustments, and smoothed out some high end harshness.

Update 4/17/2018

Added another version: mix#2

Basically I scooped out some of the frequencies above 100 and below 3-400 of instruments and vocals as needed.

Also eased off of the master limiter.

Cheers!

Update 4/25/2018:

Minor tweaks to make the vocals more clear and bring the drums forward a bit.

Update 5/1/2018

Adjusted EQ settings on the Master and Bus Groups.

Update 5/17/18

I decided to revisit this one again because I wasn't happy with the mix and I wanted to try a different approach, that i might apply to other mixes.

Cheers!

.mp3    CEFMallorcaGSSII_ViviendoDelReves_MikeGoPro Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.06 MB)

.mp3    CEFMallorcaGSSII_ViviendoDelReves_MikeGoPro Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.06 MB)

I updated the original with some eq adjustments to clear up the mid range that was kind of muddy.

Cheers!
Good start. Snare could use more punch. sounds kind of in the back. The cymbals lack clarity and are kind of buried in the mix as well. Similar problems to what I found when mixing the song.
(03-04-2018, 09:02 PM)axxessdenied Wrote: Good start. Snare could use more punch. sounds kind of in the back. The cymbals lack clarity and are kind of buried in the mix as well. Similar problems to what I found when mixing the song.

Hey axxessdenied, thanks for listening and commenting. I gave the snare a little more oomph, but I didn't get around to adjusting the cymbals yet. I'll update the track once I figure out what they need.

Later! Cool
Hello Smile

Overall i like the atmosphere of your mix but maybe the bass could be a bit more present (maybe conflicting with the kick) and the vocals sound a bit disconnected from the instrumental (maybe too loud) if that makes sense.

Nice drums :p, but i aggry on the cymbals lacking clarity.

Electric guitars at 2min are a bit lost.

Have a nice day !
Mixing with a dt770 for now..
(08-04-2018, 11:42 AM)Jimdolorian Wrote: Hello Smile

Overall i like the atmosphere of your mix but maybe the bass could be a bit more present (maybe conflicting with the kick) and the vocals sound a bit disconnected from the instrumental (maybe too loud) if that makes sense.

Nice drums :p, but i aggry on the cymbals lacking clarity.

Electric guitars at 2min are a bit lost.

Have a nice day !

Hi Jimdolorian, thanks for leaving a comment. I added a revision where I scooped out some of the frequencies that were masking the details. But I haven't adjusted the cymbals yet. This version isn't as loud but I think it has more clarity. I'll probably adjust the bass with a re-amp, try a transient tool on the cymbals, and automate the guitars around the 2 minute mark.

Cheers!

Hey guys, I hope everyone's doing well. I just updated this mix. I think it sounds better than it did. If you have chance, have a listen, all feedback is welcome.

Cheers!