Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop and Rise
Hey Guys

Checkout my mix and let me know as always any feedback would be great, tips and tricks even better.

Update 27/03 version 2

thx

.mp3    Perpetual escape, stop and rise 1.mp3 --  (Download: 3.7 MB)

.mp3    Perpetual Escape - Stop and Rise 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.26 MB)

Hi Spandexcore,

Overall, I like your tones and creative ideas and direction. Main guitar tones are great, but maybe overpowering the mix a little. It sounds like these guitar parts are driving the master compressor a bit hard, sucking some life out of the drums. I notice that the effects tracks were overpowering also. This being said, I think it's just a balance issue overall. For me, It's the making of a great mix if you can work through these issues. Keep playing.Smile

Dave
Hi Spandexcore,
Cool Mix I'm hearing what Dave is hearing with the guitar tones and some subtle pumping on the master compression , love your effects ideas .
The kick beater could come up a touch at 4k , the guitars and cymbals sound a touch brittle around 2-4k and above which maybe due to 128mp3 artifacts maybe not as noticeable with wav or 320 mps ?

In the side channels besides the backing vocals can hear the low frequency information with the guitars ,bass and kick below 200hz causing phase issues with the centre rolling off may sound tighter and give more punch .
In the centre Sounds like just rolling off bass and kick below 30hz and some subtle carving of competing and resonant frequencies with the bass kick and guitars etc especially 120-160hz with the bass kick and guitars .
Some thoughts while having a quick listen !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

New Version UP
(27-03-2018, 12:39 PM)Spandexcore Wrote: New Version UP
Yes the 320 mps sounds much to my ears ,Goog job with the low end sounds cleaner now and my walls aren't shaking.
I know loudness Nazis like Max Headroom and Aural Exciter who have never posted a mix will disagree but I think you could normalise or bring up the master bus with some limiting (not compression ).

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts