Lead Inc: 'Way Of Life'
My Headphone Mix

Comments welcome!

Cheers

KSmile

MIX 2 and 3 IN REPLY

Cheers

K

.mp3    Lead Inc-Way of Life.mp3 --  (Download: 14.13 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Mixing through cans, I don't know how you do it K.Undecided

Overall, I think you've done well. I thought the mix was a little centred or mono-ish, but the width that came with the entry heavy guitar parts was nice.

Well Done.
(13-02-2018, 11:35 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Mixing through cans, I don't know how you do it K.Undecided

Overall, I think you've done well. I thought the mix was a little centred or mono-ish, but the width that came with the entry heavy guitar parts was nice.

Well Done.

Hi Dave

Thanks for the listen .. Ill spread it out some more in the next version.

Cheers

KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Remixed on the monitors

Took Dave's advice re=panned everything and re-balanced

Also did some more EQ on snare and crunch guitars

Comments Welcome!!

Cheers

KSmile

.mp3    Lead Inc-Way of Life2.mp3 --  (Download: 14.13 MB)

(13-02-2018, 04:45 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Remixed on the monitors

Took Dave's advice re=panned everything and re-balanced

Also did some more EQ on snare and crunch guitars

Comments Welcome!!

Cheers

KSmile

Hey KMuzic, I like the revision more so than the first mix, it has more depth. At about the 3:20 mark It feels like the vocals loose some energy compared to the instruments. I'm sure it's a quick fix, maybe clip gain, or volume automation should do the trick.

Cheers!
Hey Mike

Thanks... your right, vocals fall flat there...Ill try both and see which works best.

Thanks

KSmile
Took Mikes advice and automated both sections .. I think it worked out pretty good.

Comments Welcome

Cheers
KSmile

.mp3    Lead Inc-Way of Life3.mp3 --  (Download: 14.13 MB)

Hey Kmuzic,
Good mix!
I'd put more reverb on drums, feels very dry.
You can compress (or automate) the first guitar a bit more.
Vocal articulation is kind of lost, is it deessing?

My very subjective opinion Smile
Cheers.
(18-06-2018, 03:20 PM)Lethan Wrote: Hey Kmuzic,
Good mix!
I'd put more reverb on drums, feels very dry.
You can compress (or automate) the first guitar a bit more.
Vocal articulation is kind of lost, is it deessing?

My very subjective opinion Smile
Cheers.

Thanks Lethan

Totally forgot about this mix, Listened to it again and yes I think the drums could use verb like you said. If I remember right I think I hit it pretty hard with the deesser. Some automation on the 1st guitar, seems to sit pretty out there and level.
Thanks Lethan , Ill try those tips on the next revisit.

Cheers
K

You are right, guitars sit very well. I was just listen on very low volume and thought the difference between softer and stronger parts is a bit to big, but actually its very okey. Cheers!