Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colour Me Res (FINAL MIX )
Shul, your Final is really well balanced.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(24-11-2016, 06:36 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Shul, your Final is really well balanced.

Thank you DDL I appreciate the Feedback.

Mix 3 is my favourite, would like to hear a bit more separation/focus on the instruments (listening through headphones) but still a good mix thanks for sharing your mix.
Hey Shul,

I liked your final mix a lot! Lots of good things. I like the way you toned down the lead vocal at the end, which is what I should have done, makes the listener hear what the gang vocals are singing, very nice! I like the tone of your mix, seemed a bit dark at first, but upon second listen on Apple earbuds, sounded nice.

Correct if wrong, sounds like you added a guitar part (I didn't take time to read others' comments, so sorry if I'm repeating something). Sounds a little out-of-place tonally... but not too bad actually.

Now this one is probably just personal preference... I would have liked to hear more punch from the snare... I probably like dynamic music too much, lol. On my Dynameter reading it's at a competitive level, but maybe the drums are limited a tad too much.
(25-11-2016, 05:03 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Mix 3 is my favourite, would like to hear a bit more separation/focus on the instruments (listening through headphones) but still a good mix thanks for sharing your mix.

Hey thanks for the feedback Joe I appreciate it. Separation was kind of hard to achieve so I focused more on the overall feel. Instruments were very busy that it was hard to make distinction standout for each instrument without messing up some balance. But I'm glad you liked the mix.
(25-11-2016, 09:41 PM)RVMusic Wrote: Correct if wrong, sounds like you added a guitar part (I didn't take time to read others' comments, so sorry if I'm repeating something). Sounds a little out-of-place tonally... but not too bad actually.

Now this one is probably just personal preference... I would have liked to hear more punch from the snare... I probably like dynamic music too much, lol. On my Dynameter reading it's at a competitive level, but maybe the drums are limited a tad too much.

If you mean added a recorded guitar I recorded then the answer is no. I just used the tracks provided. I used the DI for the bass and acoustics as it was a cleaner tone.

On the snare you could be right but I left it like that because I needed the distortion guitar and bass to cut through better. More body on snare caused a bit of masking in the middle. I also used a sample to support original for clarity.

Thanks for the feedback.