Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Matterplay (Sano mix)
Really liked the room you've made for the vocals, but the 'Ess' are cutting through way too loud, Might help if you DeEss it. Also any particular reason you kept the hats a bit louder?
Hi Sano,
your considerations about the loudness of the "raw" multitracks are interesting. I have no idea if Mike has applied compression to the tracks before uploading but that seems kinda unlikely.. (?)
For sure I used no compression at all when recording them, so all tracks were maybe "too hot" in some cases but never compressed.
I'd be curious to check the 3 tracks you mentioned and compare them with my original recorded tracks to check if they've actually been processed.. but I confess I could not find how to download the multitracks from this site! ahah
where's the download page? Smile
cheers,
Andrea Malenky

ps: nice Matterplay mix, by the way!! Smile
(28-10-2015, 12:38 AM)Andrea Malenky Wrote: Hi Sano,
your considerations about the loudness of the "raw" multitracks are interesting. I have no idea if Mike has applied compression to the tracks before uploading but that seems kinda unlikely.. (?)
For sure I used no compression at all when recording them, so all tracks were maybe "too hot" in some cases but never compressed.
I'd be curious to check the 3 tracks you mentioned and compare them with my original recorded tracks to check if they've actually been processed.. but I confess I could not find how to download the multitracks from this site! ahah
where's the download page? Smile
cheers,
Andrea Malenky

ps: nice Matterplay mix, by the way!! Smile

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for your comments. First I have to point out that the mix "analyst" was given by forum member The metallurgist and not by my self. His comments and technical analysis on mine and others mixes here on the forum, always give me a lot to think about and consider about my own mixes. This is another such occasion.
If you have not yet found the multitracks they can be found here http://tracker.cambridge-mt.com/tracker....zip&remote
The raw guitar tracks are pretty hot, but I assumed it was due to both the heavily overdriven amp and a microphone overloading. An overloaded dynamic mic signal has a lot of characteristics very similar to a signal pushed really hard through a slow attack, slow release type compressor, so that may be the case here.

Having said that, it's really hard to overload a decent dynamic mic without everyone in the neighborhood calling the po-po, so I could be wrong :p

Which is to say I've managed it once... And the cops were knocking on my door about 10 minutes later!