Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Horse Mix
I like the drums here. I have no problem with the way they sound at all since I took a similar direction. Wink

I actually like your version here a bit better than the release version. I also like the way you did the vocals. Listening toboth tracks, it is apparent that they were never meant to be at equal volume (as I did) but that the DT was supposed to be down somewhat from the main vocal and then brought up at certain times to accent certain phrases. I may have to go back and re-evaluate how I chose to handle them.

Very nice mix, dude!

My only real nitpick here is to suggest you wait about another 5 seconds before doing that master fade at the end. I can clearly tell that you started before the last syllable and I don't think that turned out quite the way you intended it. If you want to start before the vocals are done, then add 2-3 seconds to the total fade time from that point and possibly also start a second or two earlier and I think it might work better. Remember, master fades are subtle. I think yours is too abrupt.
Old West Audio
(02-01-2015, 05:20 AM)azwayne Wrote: I like the drums here. I have no problem with the way they sound at all since I took a similar direction. Wink

I actually like your version here a bit better than the release version. I also like the way you did the vocals. Listening toboth tracks, it is apparent that they were never meant to be at equal volume (as I did) but that the DT was supposed to be down somewhat from the main vocal and then brought up at certain times to accent certain phrases. I may have to go back and re-evaluate how I chose to handle them.

Very nice mix, dude!

My only real nitpick here is to suggest you wait about another 5 seconds before doing that master fade at the end. I can clearly tell that you started before the last syllable and I don't think that turned out quite the way you intended it. If you want to start before the vocals are done, then add 2-3 seconds to the total fade time from that point and possibly also start a second or two earlier and I think it might work better. Remember, master fades are subtle. I think yours is too abrupt.

Thank you very much for your thoughts.