Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex the adventurer Flymix
A mix of half an hour, I hope this result was better soon, hope you like

any remarks?? any input?

from Argentina

Sergio

.mp3    Alex the adventurer(2 MSTR)01.mp3 --  (Download: 1.8 MB)

¿solamente media hora? yo pensé que eras más rápido, Sergio Big Grin

Me encantó el principio y como suenan los violines. A pesar de que hay menos de un minuto de canción, le has sabido dar un sonido muy distinto al de las otras personas que han mezclado la pieza. Hay algunos instrumentos que los noté más bajos que en mi mezcla, pero esto sabes que es a gusto personal... yo por ejemplo, los sonidos que más me gustan, los tiendo a poner para que suenen más fuerte y seguro que todos hacen lo mismo!! Saludos!!
mixing since April 2013
Hey Serg, good work here. First of all, I think your stereo work on this mix is quite good. I'm also digging the brass sound during the build up toward the end... the sound is triumphant; I'm being reminded of The Magnificent Seven riding into battle with Los Banditos Mexicanos. My spanish is limited... I can understand most of Juan's reply but a few words I don't know- enough that I can't add much to his comments Tongue but I enjoyed listening to your mix, and given your 30 minute whirlwind effort, I think it's very good. La mezcla es muy bueno, especialmente para una mezcla de media hora. Something like that? Tongue

As for suggestions, I think the french horn and strings in the intro might be a little bright so maybe a high shelving cut around 4khz or so? Also, there is a bassoon run meant to compliment the piano/xylophone duet that is having a hard time doing it's job because it's a little too quiet in my opinion, although it sounds like you moved that track to the side quite a bit and I think that sounds quite good. And as a matter of personal taste, I think the flute trills right before the final orchestra hit could be a bit louder and the concert bass drum is a little boomy for me, but I'm seeing a lot of people seem to prefer that sound. Maybe give the intro strings and woodwinds a little more EQ tweaking if you want a bit more separation, but it sounds pretty good as it is!

And good work as always with the sense of space. That seems to be a big strength of yours Big Grin
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Pauli Thanks for your comments, I think you are successful, you'll see another time and I'll let you know, right now I'm on tour with a band and I have little time to devote to the mixtures.

Greetings from Argentina

Sergio
(14-02-2014, 03:07 AM)flyrecords Wrote: ... right now I'm on tour with a band and I have little time to devote to the mixtures.

awesome that you're on tour! and quick mixes are great practice, they help teach us to be quick and efficient. Good work and have fun!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(13-02-2014, 03:22 AM)flyrecords Wrote: A mix of half an hour, I hope this result was better soon, hope you like

any remarks?? any input?

from Argentina

Sergio

Nice mix, but maybe wise to shorten the bassdrum fade time with a gate? Anyway thats better for your speaker cones Wink

(listen the bass drum gate effect in my mix)

Cheers,
Luc
Pro Tools 12.7
https://soundcloud.com/luc-van-der-stap
http://www.aecom.nl
-Mobile and static studios are ready :-) http://www.audioreg.com
'Mixing is pure subjective, once the 1st mix is launched it will be considered as the best, hence the standard'
A very nice mix with a very interesing stereo image