Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
'Dead Enemies' mix - not mastered
Here's my mix. I'm think I'm close as the tell tell sign of myself trying to critically listen and ending up getting lost in the song is occurring. I didn't master this at all yet so the level is only -20LUFS. I did manage to get 15 DB of dynamic range out of this mix which I think helps bring this energy so I'll try to maintain that during mastering...which I'll do in a few days after I sit on this a take feedback for all the things I'm sure I may have missed.

One thing interesting that I noticed while measuring my final bounce was that the example mix sounded a bit loud and squashed to me so I measured that as well. It measured -8LUFS at a point which means once it hits any streaming site, it will get smashed again down to -13 LUFS to -18 LUFS depending on this site. It does one no good to slam a mix to that level and see it pushed back down...there goes the life and dynamics of the mix. If you are planning on streaming a song you aren't going to win the loudness war with anything over -13 LUFS. I also noticed that the example mix was clipping in a few areas. If you bounce a WAV to -0.1 db and then convert to .mp3, expect some clipping and intersample peak distortion due to the conversion process.

Cheers

.mp3    Dead Enemies by Dark Ride (AloneInCrowdsMix).mp3 --  (Download: 13.02 MB)

Messages In This Thread
'Dead Enemies' mix - not mastered - by chuck moe - 19-03-2015, 02:13 AM
RE: 'Dead Enemies' mix - not mastered - by Obelix - 07-04-2015, 08:02 PM