Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dead Enemies - a great challenge
sounds better now. You still need to fix the "Dead Enemies"-whisper at 1:38. It sounds awful, is clearly not in time and it destroys the flow of the song if you use it like a regular vocal part. It wasn't meant to be used like that so you should change it really drastically or delete it. The story behind it: When I started mixing Dead Enemies there was a small pause after verse 1 that led into the first chorus but the chorus was very boring so I decided to throw it away. With the chorus gone I needed some sort of transition from verse 1 to verse 2 to keep the flow. So I took the "Dead Enemies"-phrase from the last part of the song and turned it into some sort of creepy background whisper - and it worked. check the ref mix if you wanna hear it for yourself. This is why you can't use it without changing it into some sort of fx - it wasn't there in the first place and it's only there to make the pause between verse 1 and 2 more interesting.

the snare sample is much better but still too loud. try to raise the other snare mics in this part and place the sample in the background - or use the other snare tracks as a trigger for your own sample.

Messages In This Thread
Dead Enemies - a great challenge - by Stickman - 11-03-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: Dead Enemies - a great challenge - by DCAV - 13-03-2015, 11:23 AM
RE: Dead Enemies - a great challenge - by Blitzzz - 13-03-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: Dead Enemies - a great challenge - by Blitzzz - 19-03-2015, 07:08 PM