Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dead Enemies NosMix
I did read the faq. I did reamp all the Di guitar tracks. Tried a few things on the vocals but in the end I ran out of time and couldn't find anything I liked.

I Agree my mix is a bit chaotic in the top end. I boosted everything too much above 1khz and the mud built up. I set myself time limits on these things and at a certain point there was no going back. But I did keep referring back to the original mix to 'keep in the ballpark' in terms of tonality.

My kick is not muddy it punches hard. The problem I think is that my kick punches at 40hz and perhaps doesn't have enough punch higher up around 80 to 100hz. I listened in my car after reading your comment and I do admit that the definition on less than ideal playback systems does suffer a bit but I still think it is quite powerful. (Of course I'm no expert in this genre so in the end I'll defer to your opinion here)

(where did all the mids go?) I boosted the guitar high end too much. However I do have to say that the reference mix overall is also very scooped in the mids and although my mix lacks Gtr mids and is a bit brighter and my kick is lower (Hmmm I was going to say my tonality was in the ballpark)

My snare is not thin. Its punchy.

In the end I would say there are somethings about my mix that I think are better than the reference mix eg. the vocal and the piano solo and the low end but overall the reference mix is a clearer mix across the top end with more definition in the gtrs and probably a lot more in line with genre expectations about which I have really no clue.

PS. I never listen to this type of music however over the course of mixing this I really came to quite enjoy this track and now find myself listening back. So as ABBA would say 'Thank-you for the music'

Messages In This Thread
Dead Enemies NosMix - by Nos - 04-03-2015, 12:20 AM
RE: Dead Enemies NosMix - by Blitzzz - 04-03-2015, 02:48 PM
RE: Dead Enemies NosMix - by Nos - 05-03-2015, 12:34 AM