Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Griffo: 'Facade' borg version
Lots of bass on this mix, which is no bad thing, but it's maybe focused a little too much in the 60-150Hz zone, I think. Because it gives a powerfully bassy impression, I suspect that you may have therefore scooped the low midrange of the guitars more than really necessary in the chorus textures. It seems a bit hollow as a texture, an issue compounded because you appear to have panned the guitar multi-mics without solidifying the phase relationships, which means they rather collapse in mono, and don't support the vocal nearly as well as I'd hope -- especially on a small speaker where the bass advantage also drops out.

Speaking of the vocal, I like a lot of what you've done there in terms of processing, but the level does duck and dive, especially in the verses, so I'd spend a bit more time on the automation there. Could the chorus vocal sound have a bit of tempo-delay on it or something to give it a bit more of a size illusion?

The snare feels like it's getting a bit lost in the choruses, in a way that the kick doesn't. It's turning into a little spike, without any real sustain, which if feels like it needs to compete with the guitars.

Messages In This Thread
Young Griffo: 'Facade' borg version - by gvborg - 07-02-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Young Griffo: 'Facade' borg version - by Mike Senior - 18-02-2013, 10:53 PM