Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcention (Part 1: Improvement Series)
Hey guys. Haven't been around much lately... I've been spending a lot of time getting intimate and friendly with updated monitoring and improved room acoustics. In order to do that, I've been freshly mixing songs from scratch that I've mixed before, then A/B-ing my new master to the old one.

It's amazing how much some of those old mixes sucked given how proud I was of my work at the time... but that's neither here or there. I'm going to post a series of these test mixes over the next few weeks, mainly so that forum members who are quite new to mixing can hear the improvements that are possible with better monitoring, acoustics and lots of practice. I'll link to the old mix thread so you can compare if you like. Any questions anyone has about either mix or the difference between the two, I'll gladly answer the best I can.... in every post of this series, I've kept the project file for the old mix, so while I may not understand what the hell I was thinking at the time, it'll be easy enough to see what I did Tongue

I'm not a pro engineer and I've only been doing this for about a year and a half now, but hopefully this series will he helpful to the newbies. Almost everything I know about mixing, I learned here on the forum... just paying it forward.

Here's my original mix for Transcention:
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...p?tid=4537

.mp3    transcention master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.52 MB)

I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
Transcention (Part 1: Improvement Series) - by pauli - 27-01-2015, 09:27 PM