Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impossible Colours - Dune Rider (ZX mix)
(04-02-2013, 06:37 AM)APZX Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 12:22 AM)Benbass1991 Wrote: i like the approach you took with the vocals and the organ. i think it is an interesting tradeoff to hear the organ drive the song instead of the guitars. the one criticism i would have is that the snare gets lost pretty much throughout the song, which has a negative effect on the groove.

I can totally get behind that. It wouldn't be too hard to remedy. Frankly, I barely did anything to the snare or the drums for that matter. But yeah I totally get that criticism about the snare. Just did a quick adjust to the snare; perhaps a bit more to your liking. Simple EQ and compression. If I'm also being perfectly honest I almost kind of forgot about the snare. At least that is what I think happened. Stuff happens.

I'm also going to be frank I really don't like mixing guitars at all. Something about them just turns me off. So, if I can feature another instrument instead I'm much happier with the end result most of the time. In this case there is a wonderful Hammond Organ to take advantage off. With that being said though, the guitars in this were pretty darn well done and they had to have their place too.

Thanks for taking the time to write a bit about it!

yeah what you did to the snare works really nicely.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impossible Colours - Dune Rider (ZX mix) - by Benbass1991 - 04-02-2013, 07:18 PM