Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non Lo Diro Col Labbro - AZ mix
So in the interests of not restricting myself to just a narrow range of genres (and because I like classical music anyay), I figured I'd give this one a try. I actually downloaded this a while ago but sat on it because I couldn't quite figure out what I was supposed to do with it. I mean, they sound pretty good on their own, as any ensemble worth its salt should. Gaining a bit more experience I came back to this one and gave it a shot.

The problems I saw here were the 1-2k prominence that needed to be tamped down slightly, adjusting the gain of various sections to correct minor untoward variances in level by the group, not being able to individually adjust the harpsichord and having to settle for EQ on the mics with the most prominent spill (vocal, esp) to help it sit better in the mix, and not being able to more carefully scuplt the soloist. When I would pull her fader back to where I thought it sounded better in the mix, she started sounding like she was off stage somewhere because of the spill.

Anyway, I'm not sure I got everything right here but here's my attempt at handling classical...

.mp3    non-lo-diro-col-labbro-mixdown.mp3 --  (Download: 4.83 MB)

.mp3    non-lo-diro-col-labbro-mixdown -v2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.83 MB)

Old West Audio

Messages In This Thread
Non Lo Diro Col Labbro - AZ mix - by azwayne - 12-11-2014, 05:00 AM
RE: Non Lo Diro Col Labbro - AZ mix - by azwayne - 14-11-2014, 07:19 AM