Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The_Metallurgist mixes Enda Reillys Cur An Long Ag Seol
THese tracks had plenty of fixing challenges as you very well know. You have nicely fixed lots of problems, balances are good, blending nice etc, as others have mentioned. I agree with them on that point. But still I think that overall sound is not that good.

For example, there's nothing wrong with the vocal sound technically, but it doesn't have any more that sonic hook that made me listen very carefully singer's voice in the first place although I didn't understand a word of it.

You have very nicely tamed the bass, but it doesn't sound like a double bass to me anymore. In this song I would prefer an unbalanced natural bass sound over a balanced but unnatural sound.

Similarly the string instruments have no harshness anywhere, but on the other hand they lack all the sparkle altogether. So which one should one choose: dull mandolin and guitar without comb filtering effect, or sparkling mandolin and guitar with some comb filtering effect?

So, I think something is lacking. I'm saying this for I know that you can do much more pleasant sound that this. Maybe you have concentrated too much just to eliminate the negative things, and in the process forgot to make the positive things shine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The_Metallurgist mixes Enda Reillys Cur An Long Ag Seol - by Olli H - 29-07-2014, 01:18 PM