Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We'll talk about it all tonight (Sano mix)
(09-07-2014, 10:46 PM)sano Wrote: Hey pauli. I certainly wouldn't disagree about it being a bit on the bright side, often I reach the end of my mixes and on reflection the tone can be overly bright/dark etc, but the task of rebalancing the entire mix makes me usually settle for what I've got. But it something I defiantly become more aware of lately.

Happens to me all the time. Sometimes I post before I listen with fresh ears and I'm rightly spanked for it Tongue

(09-07-2014, 10:46 PM)sano Wrote: As for the compression, now you,ve mentioned it. I don't think I've ever parallel compressed the entire mix and I usually HPF the master buss compressor with the internal side chain.

Most mastering compressors have a wet/dry option... you should try it, it's really good for bringing up low level details, making them easier to automate in the endgame. But sometimes I'll route everything to a submix buss instead of the master and run a truly parallel compression setup through to the master so I can control which frequency ranges get how much of the compressed underlayment with a dynamic EQ instead of a side chain HP... call it "obsessive compulsive parallel multiband compression" and you'll realize what a kook I am Tongue especially since that buss never gets turned up enough to make any more than a subtle difference...

(09-07-2014, 10:46 PM)sano Wrote: Thanks for your comments pauli your listening skills are really coming along.

you're welcome, and thanks to you.. that means a lot.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
RE: We'll talk about it all tonight (Sano mix) - by pauli - 10-07-2014, 02:36 AM