Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We'll Talk About It All Tonight - HB Mix
As I still work on this one I wont comment on any mix yet, just add a few words about what problems Im havin with the raw tracks.
The biggest problem is the drums. Seem they rush a bit and I guess I will take the time to work a lot on that when I have the time next week. I guess the song were tracked to the drum machine rhythm which actually can be copy pasted and make a much more stable basis ( and more boring) than the drums. My instinctive solution were usin the drum machine track in verses and drums in chorus and B section. Also will be less editing ....
Bass doesnt agree with drums lots o places and theres a tuning problem either piano or guitar(s) especially when they play the 6 chord (2nd chord in main phrase, first is a major 7)

The vocal is the star here - great voice !
Bg vocals suffer from not agreein on start and endings and would sound much better dubbed. Also they are one section copied around so theres no easy multing option other than singin along and make a double for each part which I may do.

Really like the song, it just deserves better tracking.
I wonder if I find the arrangement too full, had the orchestra parts muted when I worked on it today and didnt miss them.

Sorry for hijackin the thread, just wanted to share these thoughts.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order

Messages In This Thread
RE: We'll Talk About It All Tonight - HB Mix - by Voelund - 10-07-2014, 10:57 PM