Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Tears in the Rain - A Metallurgist Mix and Master
more than a few coffees disappeared while working on this song.

one of the [many] things i battled with here, was the bassDI. it's clearly software, but unfortunately the decay wasn't programmed and the lack of transient on the attack is an issue too. without correction, it merely hums along without dynamic. being a key component of the rhythm section, i felt it needed some investment in time and energy to get it fixed as best as possible, especially as i had the plan to run it with another guitar as a duo, to help introduce some interest to further engage the listener.

there's a section two-thirds of the way through where the original arrangement has everything strumming away and it was just way too busy and confusing as it was difficult to know what the musician wanted us to focus on, so some tweaking was made to change this into something that i felt was more complementary for the song.

Mix and Mastered using sustainable energy....and the coffee was FairTrade ;)

enjoy
Dave

.mp3    Tears in the Rain - a Metallurgist mix and master (14070211M04).mp3 --  (Download: 8.69 MB)

Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!

Messages In This Thread
Tears in the Rain - A Metallurgist Mix and Master - by The_Metallurgist - 02-07-2014, 08:36 PM