Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voelund: Comfort Lives In Belief
Good job, Stu Smile

There are some very minor issues IMHO, but this sounds much better than your first stab. The bass could be a little stronger, but the bass part on this song was a real turd to mix, so I don't think it's necessary to overwhelm yourself with the nitty gritty technical details if you're a bit new to the art. In my opinion the reverbs are clouding things a little bit again, but it's definitely better. You could try turning down the sends, taking the highpass filter a bit further north on the sends, or shortening the reverb tails. Or all three... go with your gut, it sounds like you have a good ear to me. Give my mix and John's a listen and see if our sounds are working for you, and I'd be happy to share with you how I got a sound if you like it (or if you hate it Tongue), and I'm pretty sure John would be, too... he's very generous with his advice and he also has a different perspective on a lot of things. Voelund is a member of the discussion zone ad I think he could probably give you a few tips, too... I've learned a ton from his advice.

And if this mix is over for you, I completely understand... I've got mad respect for your tenacity/work ethic and every re-mix so far has been a marked improvement, so if you think it's time to move on to the next one (if I were you, I would) just be sure to apply what you learned here. If you're improving with several subsequent attempts, it's better for your learning to move on, and maybe revisit this one in a few months after you've got some more notches under your belt. Smile

IMHO, move on to more mixes... you've done a good job here... as long as you apply what you've taught yourself to the subsequent mixes you'll only keep getting better. Great work, and lots of respect from this guy!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
Voelund: Comfort Lives In Belief - by Stu - 22-04-2014, 12:43 AM
RE: Voelund: Comfort Lives In Belief - by Stu - 26-04-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Voelund: Comfort Lives In Belief - by pauli - 22-04-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: Voelund: Comfort Lives In Belief - by Stu - 26-04-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: Voelund: Comfort Lives In Belief - by pauli - 26-04-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: Voelund: Comfort Lives In Belief - by Stu - 29-04-2014, 04:38 PM
RE: Voelund: Comfort Lives In Belief - by pauli - 29-04-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: Voelund: Comfort Lives In Belief - by Stu - 03-05-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Voelund: Comfort Lives In Belief - by pauli - 03-05-2014, 09:32 PM
RE: Voelund: Comfort Lives In Belief - by Stu - 03-05-2014, 10:12 PM