Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I certainly do like this tune!
Hey hey Voelund. Thanks for taking a listen. Dammit, when you mention the "once more" backup vocals, I meant to power those up there, but forgot to do so! Damn damn! hahaha

As to the breath noise, a buddy of mine heard the mix and said there was some funky sound he heard around 1:01 that was something the singer did. Was that maybe it? Ugh. I'll have to listen for that miss on my part!

I KNEW if you listened to my mix you'd mention dynamics. I am a big fan myself, but in the case of a song like this, I don't generally think there is much room for dynamics outside of what the instrumentation does itself. So many things going on, and at some point the mix says to me, "you need to push here, 'cause otherwise this is going nowhere!" lol

As to my drums...they were an experiment in "what the hell can I get away with here?" Honestly, for the drums on this one I leaned very heavily on a Tom tracks bus I set up. Eq'd that sucker pretty weird to cut the toms through and it ended up doing something overall to the kit.

I think I'll take a listen to your mix of this. Was doing a dinner thing when I posted, so didn't have a chance to listen to any.

Thanks again for the feedback good sir. Always nice to hear from you!
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
I certainly do like this tune! - by grizwalter - 14-02-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: I certainly do like this tune! - by Voelund - 14-02-2014, 01:12 AM
RE: I certainly do like this tune! - by grizwalter - 14-02-2014, 02:56 AM