Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Georgia Wonder - Siren
(21-01-2014, 03:38 PM)pauli Wrote: the backing vocals are a little overwhelming in the choruses to me . . .

That seems to be a common comment on any mix I do where there are backing vocals. That's good feedback insofar as I'll bear in mind, should I ever be doing a mix for someone else, that my client is likely to like the background vocals a little lower. For myself, though, I prefer backing vocals more prominent generally, so for mixes for myself I think I'll keep my backing vocals where they are. Wink

(21-01-2014, 03:38 PM)pauli Wrote: almost at the beginning of each phrase in the chorus, the C in "come to me" and elsewhere in the track, attacks really hard, and I think it could be a little less distracting.

Actually, that's a problem endemic to the original recording. The backing track containing the "come to mes" was pre-edited and it sounds to me like the original recording had a DC offset that caused a "click" at each edit point coinciding with the hard "C" sound. I tried to edit it away but couldn't without cutting off the "C" sound entirely.

(21-01-2014, 03:38 PM)pauli Wrote: I would bring up the volume of all of the choruses, progressively higher throughout the song, to give it a little more forward momentum . . .

I was going to try that for you (great idea!) but I can't seem to get the project to open; it seems to have gotten corrupted somehow. Sad

(21-01-2014, 03:38 PM)pauli Wrote: I only hear the waves peaking out at the end (I haven't attempted this one yet so I'm not sure if they're present elsewhere) but I thik that was a really cool idea... my group used a similar effect on our EP in the intro/outro on a tune about a whaling ship being lost in a storm, and I've been looking for an excuse to try it again ever since.

I'd love to hear that EP. Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Georgia Wonder - Siren - by Pedaling Prince - 01-02-2014, 12:18 PM