Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mix
Step away from that Low Boost control with your hands in the air! Smile Seriously, there's a serious truckload of low end on this mix, mostly on the bass guitar, and it feels way out of kilter, so it suggests to me that your monitoring is fibbing to you and/or you're not referencing your mix adequately against commercial releases.

Trying to listen past the low-end hillock, though, the rest of the balance seems pretty sensible. The vocal;s nice and upfront too, without dislocating from the backing, which together with the general sense of blend suggests to me that your approach to effects is on the right track.

The snare does sound a bit odd, though. Have you triggered something there? If so it doesn't seem in keeping with this track, and is quite abrasive and upfront in a way that undermines the primacy of the lead vocal for me. The cymbals also feel as if they might be a bit bright, having more than a hint of trashiness to them. Did you build this drum balance from the close mics, and only add in the overheads at the end? If so I'd recommend the opposite approach, because that usually gives a more natural sound.

Messages In This Thread
New Mix - by Marcus - 17-09-2012, 04:37 AM
RE: Would be cool if you could listen to my mix sometimes. - by Mike Senior - 15-11-2012, 02:35 PM