Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nashville vibe?
(13-01-2014, 07:47 PM)MystycalFanfare Wrote: For snare, I only use gate for clear out the bleed, some compression and parallel processing. It's too much for particular song, indeed, especially after I'm comparing with old country tunes. I'm originally an heavy metal mixer, so pardon for that.

A heavy metal mixer. That explains it; this drum sound WOULD sound pretty sweet punching through a wall of overdriven electric guitars. Wink

I recommend ditching the gate as well. The bleed among the drum tracks is part and parcel of the "feel" of country music drums; the bleed provides the "glue" that holds the drums together in the mix. Basically, in short, I recommend using the drum raw as it is, just balance its volume to the mix. Those Telefunken mics really pick up drums well so they rarely need ANY processing in my experience. Wink

(13-01-2014, 07:47 PM)MystycalFanfare Wrote: For vocal, yes I apply boosting on that area, the idea is for enhance the "agghh" breathy thing on vocal. Once again, maybe it's too much for particular song.

And for the quality of the recording, too. In my experience, heavy processing is only really needed when you're working with tracks that have problems that need to be ironed out; with Telefunken demos there are rarely ANY problems. If taken as an independent recording, actually, each track in a Telefunken demo mix is quite capable of standing on its own with no processing at all. EQ, used sparingly, is only necessary to help instruments in a full mix blend so they don't step on each others' sonic toes, so to speak, making sure the fundamental frequencies of each instrument are given enough space for that instrument to shine. Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
Nashville vibe? - by MystycalFanfare - 03-12-2013, 03:26 AM
RE: Nashville vibe? - by jorger - 13-12-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: Nashville vibe? - by MystycalFanfare - 24-12-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: Nashville vibe? - by bmullen - 24-12-2013, 05:45 PM
RE: Nashville vibe? - by Pedaling Prince - 04-01-2014, 09:37 PM
RE: Nashville vibe? - by MystycalFanfare - 13-01-2014, 07:47 PM
RE: Nashville vibe? - by Pedaling Prince - 14-01-2014, 02:11 AM