Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quickie that I like to call my Tree Cutting Mix
OK, so I just ran over this nice song. I call it a tree cutter mix because I mainly did cut threes, 300s and 3ks.

I have to admit that I did it quite swiftly, so there might be the occational odd frequency here , a weird gate there and so on.

Oh yeah, and my piano ended up a pretty weird place, because I tried to pan it out as if your were looking at it; lows to your left and highgs to ... yeah, the other left Wink Well, it didn't turn out great.

It's not excuses, just explanations Wink

Tips, trick and comments are still very welcomed

Edit:
So I ended up with not liking my first take on this one, so I made some alterations.

I've brought the snare, piano and synths further forward in the mix and I've pulled back the guitars a little, and I also moved the HPF on guitars a little higher. I also changed the EQ on the piano and added a litte verb there. I've also removed a lot of breathing from the lead vox, and I pulled it a little back in the 2nd verse. And then I gave the master bus a little more ro feed on.

I think it's better than my first take, but ... yeah, I don't think I'm quite there yet.

Somebody please tell me what's wrong here. Thanks

.mp3    Robert Hammon - The Elephant.mp3 --  (Download: 11.28 MB)

.mp3    Robert Hammon - The Elephant - v2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.13 MB)

I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow

Messages In This Thread
A quickie that I like to call my Tree Cutting Mix - by Krabbe - 16-03-2020, 12:50 AM