Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!NEW! - Robert Hammon's - The Elephant
(06-02-2020, 12:03 PM)Lethan Wrote: Hi MixinTC
In overall it's a cool mix. Blance feels okey. godd tones and dynamiC. But.
I dont think the synth works in such upfront place. It's like changing the genre. and is also very reach in harmonics make mix feels a bit to reach in terms of denisity. I've got this impreassion.
Second thing, i'd play with reverb for vocal, as the one you choose feels a miss. Other elements sounds great. Reassuming i would just give it straight forward sound without too much experiminatation. Cheers!

Hi Lethan,
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

It seems no one is a fan of the synth nor the lead vocal treatment. If I may, let me explain my thinking:

I was going for as much tension in this approach as I could as a reference to the angst the singer is portraying, hence the aggressive synth (to match the timbre and power of the guitars) and the vocals as a statement of tension. In the first verse (as opposed to the second and third) there is a guitar figure behind the vocal. While I did drop that guitar line in the mix to give more room for the vocal to be intelligible, I found I needed to get very bold with the EQ on the vocal to get it to cut against that guitar part. In listening to most other mixes, the vocal in the first verse gets lost to that same guitar part. This was my solution to that. My second and third verses have the lead vocal level reduced since there is no guitar line for it to compete against. Those verses sound a bit more cohesive. The first verse vocal level is meant to grab the ear and drive home the lyric.

Again, thanks for the listen and comments.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: !NEW! - Robert Hammon's - The Elephant - by Mixinthecloud - 07-02-2020, 05:39 PM