Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Way Home mix and master
My attempt to mix and master this beautiful song (Thanks David). Please comments are very welcome.

I really haven't made too many mixes and this particular one has been quite challenging because of the high ammount of instruments. Trying to figure out how to place each one onto a particular place and fitting into the mix while standing out in turns, depending on the music, has required time and effort. Althougt it has been a pleasure because of the beauty of the song.

Listening afterwards to others attempts to this song, I find that my reverb level is way lower than the mean, although I've tried to keep a relatively wide stereo field.

I've also have had trouble shaping the timbre of the piano. The original track is stereo and with an eccess of lows and mid-lows and lacking highs. Has anyone had similar troubles?

Also the song does not fit into my normal style, which is normaly metal, or hard rock at least, with heavier drums and bass guitar. This is why my bass is maybe louder and more present than in other versions. I think I made a better job with drums.

Anyway, regardless of the result, It's been rewarding to explore outside of my "comfort zone": I've been forced to learn a lot and expand my resources.

As I said, comments are welcome.

(BTW, sorry for any mistake on my language, I'm not a native speaker)

.mp3    David Tyo - Long Way Home_AWE_v3.1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.72 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Long Way Home mix and master - by AwakenSound - 22-12-2019, 11:54 AM
RE: Long Way Home mix and master - by M.W.A.P. - 22-12-2019, 12:04 PM
RE: Long Way Home mix and master - by AwakenSound - 22-12-2019, 01:28 PM
RE: Long Way Home mix and master - by Roy - 22-12-2019, 03:15 PM
RE: Long Way Home mix and master - by AwakenSound - 22-12-2019, 05:54 PM
RE: Long Way Home mix and master - by Roy - 22-12-2019, 06:11 PM
RE: Long Way Home mix and master - by AwakenSound - 22-12-2019, 10:31 PM