Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyo's - Never Ebb But Flow - Competition Mix
(19-12-2019, 09:44 PM)AndyGallas Wrote: Okay, I get it. I can hear and feel that you really fought very hard to get this done right. The balance overall is really not that bad but there are things you might try to improve. You really screwed up the electric guitars eq wise, a lot of upper midrange there in an unnaturally way. I'd bring them back a tad. In the chorus the vocals feels a bit like karaoke right now. Bring at least up the drums'n'bass if you want that weight on the vocals. Or try to mix the chorus without any vocals at first and see how much you can bring in the vocals against the guitars afterwards. If that is still to confusing mix only guitars, bass and vocals without drums, acoustics, etc. in the chorus until it feels good to you – rather with levels or automations than with eq and or sidechain trickery. I'm sure your mix will improve then Smile

I'm done fighting with this one. Thanks for the ideas though. I'll defer to you on this one.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: David Tyo's - Never Ebb But Flow - by Roy - 09-12-2019, 03:59 PM
RE: David Tyo's - Never Ebb But Flow - Update #5 - by Mixinthecloud - 19-12-2019, 09:52 PM