Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ooohhhh that was a lovely one :D
Ooohhhh that was a lovely one Big Grin

So HUMAN! I love real singing. I LOVE IT! Smile

So the library-version sounds fantastic already and I wasn't sure anything could be done to improve on it, but I had a go at it anyway.

I used all tracks.

I took some heat in an earlier mix of another song, for trying to make it fit PA-speakers playing it LOUD (And therefore not sounding quite as natural on monitors at at-home volume. In hind-sight a stupid idea since most here don't listen on PA-systems at loud volume, but I like to experiment so oh well lesson learned), so with this one I tried to do it the other way; as in take a recording of a LIVE song played LOUD on PA-speakers but mixed in post to sound more natural at normal speakers without losing the LIVE-feeling.

I think it works, but I have been wrong before (When the honeymoon with a song is over it sometimes sounds less good than it did at first. A trap I keep falling into myself because I'm impatient (I know I'm not the only one though, but it's still stupid) Smile )

Anyway, this one sounds like I want it to, on both studio-monitors and studio-headphones, so if it's completely off the rocker... then I got no excuse.

I hope the duo likes it. Their opinion is the one that matters most of course.
Thanks for the opportunity.
jacob.

.mp3    Woven Hollow - Tell Me Nice (JELmix).mp3 --  (Download: 8.18 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Ooohhhh that was a lovely one :D - by JEL - 30-11-2019, 04:16 PM
RE: Ooohhhh that was a lovely one :D - by JEL - 02-12-2019, 01:01 PM