Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Elder & Mark M Thompson - The English Actor
Hi,

Thanks for the listen and the comments.

Can't remember what I used on the guitars and synths now - likely waves doubler on a send, and maybe a couple of delays. I try and use waves doubler more sparingly, like on only one element or so now, or not at all. I have learned it does tend to make the mix a bit phasey. It's good on some pop vocals though. I tended to massively over process things, but am trying to dial back on that now. I also found multiband limiters tend to cause me issues on the mix bus too, which I likely used here. Slowly learning to have the confidence to leave things alone if they don't need any processing.

Yeah - listening back now the vocal is pretty dry. Since having a go at this mix I've spent a bit of playing around with reverb. I discovered it's worth spending the time to find the 'right' reverbs for each element in a mix. It really makes a huge difference. Agree with you regarding the toms too!

Cheers!

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: James Elder & Mark M Thompson - The English Actor - by mikej - 27-03-2020, 01:51 PM