Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Updated 11-05 - Long Way Home - Alexandre Lack Mix
Hi,
I haven't been here for a while, so this morning I just wanted to see what is going on, check the song I provid last year and...found this song. As I woke up very early this morning, I decided to download the stems and try to do a fast mix... so here is the result. Not as a excuse, but I tried to leave it very clean and do keep the dynamics, even knowing that is about a modern song and I would have to use a compress in the mastering process.
Maybe for some people the drums sounds too dry....it was intentional...as the song has guitars doing slides, tremolo, hammonds, and vocals calls for fx... well... my vision in the mix's scenery is that there is too many elements oscillating...I worried with phase issues and excessives effects that could leave a mud in the mix.
Comments and suggestions are welcome.

I created a new profile today, because I am using "Alexandre Lack" as my artist name, but I have my old profile here in the forum with my mixes and my song provided as "Ale Lak".

Here two masters, the first one is -14 lufs (around) for stream and the other one little bit louder.

Cheers from Brazil!

ps: I had to remove the both files I sent in the first sumission... just for a reason... I didn't sent the acoustic guitars and the distorced guitars to my mixbus... what a shame!!

well...now I took care, the same mix...

---- // ----- update 10/27 ---- // ----

I made some changes in the mix... lower a bit the overheads, and did some few changes in the acoustic guitar's eq. Think it's better. What you guys think? Please... would like to receive opinions, it's the better tool to make us better! Smile

--- // --- update 11/05 --- // ---

Few chenges....following the tips given

.mp3    David Tyo - Long Way Home (Alexandre Lack Mix V3).mp3 --  (Download: 11.52 MB)

ALEXANDRE LACK
Musical Producer
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
Updated 11-05 - Long Way Home - Alexandre Lack Mix - by alexandre_lack - 25-10-2019, 05:27 PM