Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated 10-24: Fytakyte - Outa Control - Master 8
The consistent thing about Andrew's compositions is that there is a reason for everything in his arrangements. Extremely well thought out and composed and very well executed. And it takes some brain power to make use of all of the great colors on the palette he gives us.

It is easy to be daunted by the sheer number of tracks but once you begin to understand Andrew's madness, it all begins to gain focus.

In this mix I added very little in the way of effects. Nothing was added to the drums (except in the bridge which was more subtraction than addition) and only some simple echo and minor reverb on some of the guitars (for separation) was added. The vocals have some trickery on them but there is quite a lot printed on them so only a bright plate was added.

Most of the work on this mix was purely on arrangement, dynamics, panning and automation. I had a lot of fun with that. I hope I will not be chastised for some of the minor arrangement changes I made. I went through quite a few iterations of this before I was happy with the dynamic choices.

Fytakyte - Outa Control - Master 5
-9.8 LUFS; 8.9 LU

Fytakyte - Outa Control - Master 8
Following on the great comments from mixers and artist alike, I have redistributed some of the upper mid energy, tucked the vocal in, in places and beefed up the bass. These changes also engendered some detail changes across the mix.

I may need to take a break from this piece for a while as I am getting too far into the weeds with it. Fresh ears and clear mind may have better results down the road.

Thanks. I look forward to reviews and comments.
mITc

PS: Don't be afraid to turn it up...

.mp3    Fytakyte - Outa Control - Master 5.mp3 --  (Download: 9.42 MB)

.mp3    Fytakyte - Outa Control - Master 8.mp3 --  (Download: 9.42 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
Updated 10-24: Fytakyte - Outa Control - Master 8 - by Mixinthecloud - 20-10-2019, 03:22 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Outa Control - by Lethan - 21-10-2019, 01:11 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Outa Control - by Mixinthecloud - 21-10-2019, 05:25 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Outa Control - by Lethan - 21-10-2019, 05:48 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Outa Control - by Mixinthecloud - 21-10-2019, 08:22 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Outa Control - by Cudjoe - 21-10-2019, 03:32 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Outa Control - by Mixinthecloud - 21-10-2019, 05:23 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Outa Control - by FytaKyte - 22-10-2019, 10:23 AM
RE: Fytakyte - Outa Control - by Mixinthecloud - 24-10-2019, 03:39 PM