Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyo - Long Way Home
Hi, apologies - managed to miss your comment, thanks for taking the time to listen and pass on your thoughts.

Regarding the emotional context my intent with this mix was to keep the vocals close, up front and personal. I kind of wanted to keep everything else out of the way of the vocal, and in the background. It also turned in to a very LCR mix.

The balance seemed to come together quite quickly once I had the vocals where I wanted them, as the other parts felt ok. For me this track worked quite well with just the vocals and acoustic guitar which influenced my mix decisions, and I guess I wanted the other guitar part to be more kind of ear candy rather than a highlight.

I also felt I didn't want too much of that reverb drenched side stick thing going on, but I probably could have got away with adding a db or so more than I did I suppose. As I said, as the balance came together quite quickly and was sounding ok, I pretty much decided to leave it as is.

I think with my mixing I find I am starting to favour things a little drier, vocal forward and up-front, so might just be a difference in taste?
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
David Tyo - Long Way Home - by mikej - 30-09-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: David Tyo - Long Way Home - by takka360 - 01-10-2019, 12:50 AM
RE: David Tyo - Long Way Home - by crownoise - 01-10-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: David Tyo - Long Way Home - by mikej - 06-10-2019, 03:53 PM
RE: David Tyo - Long Way Home - by Mixinthecloud - 11-10-2019, 09:26 PM
RE: David Tyo - Long Way Home - by mikej - 25-10-2019, 08:16 PM
RE: David Tyo - Long Way Home - by Skipper - 01-11-2019, 12:53 PM
RE: David Tyo - Long Way Home - by mikej - 01-11-2019, 09:31 PM