Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voelund - 'Comfort Lives In Belief'
(11-03-2014, 10:47 PM)pauli Wrote: I wouldn't go TOO crazy on the bass because in the analog tape days, your frequency cutoff is around 40 Hz, so I'm not sure it would suit the track.

I disagree. To me a good "classic" sound from a modern recording isn't so much an attempt to emulate the limitations of old equipment; it's attempting to create the sound that artists from that era would have created if their equipment had not had such limitations. Wink

That being said, I could've sworn that analog tape's major drawback was in the high frequency response, not the low. In my experience even with simple cassette tape frequencies below 40 Hz were no problem; it was the frequencies above about 15 kHz that generally suffered. Undecided

(11-03-2014, 10:47 PM)pauli Wrote: Mr. Ardelli avoids extraneous processsing and has a great talent for balance, which is usually a pretty good idea in my opinion, especially on a track recorded in not the best of rooms, so he'd probably be the one to ask about any sort of processing dodge if you want to take a similar approach Smile.

Well thank you; that's why I chose to respond here. And the comment I made is pretty much the only piece of your advice I disagree with. Unless Juan has any specific questions for me. Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Voelund - 'Comfort Lives In Belief' - by Pedaling Prince - 12-03-2014, 03:06 AM