Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penniless Wild - Seat Back
Sounds good!! The drums sound really nice although perhaps a bit dry? Matter of taste I suppose, I like things dry too but don't forget there is a Chamber track to play with. As far as balances go, try this sometime: (Before Mixing) Using a VU meter plugin on the master fader, set it to -14. Mute all the tracks. Un-mute the first track and place a trim plugin on it if needed. Slowly increase the tracks fader to maximum and use the trim if it gets too loud. Once the fader is at maximum adjust the trim until the VU reads +2VU.
Drop the fader to unity gain. Do this for each track, making sure all other tracks are muted. It takes a while but when you are done you will have an equal voltage mix! Now seek out the star performer(s) in each section of the track and adjust the balance as you go using the faders which are all in the sweet spot now Smile If you are looking for a good starting point and aren't sure, this is the best method I can recommend. The rough mix and a few reference tracks are helpful too.

Eastwood
Nobody cares what plugins you use, it's only what comes out of the speakers that matters.

Messages In This Thread
Penniless Wild - Seat Back - by Hainwerker - 10-09-2019, 06:47 AM
RE: Penniless Wild - Seat Back - by Eastwood - 11-09-2019, 01:11 AM
RE: Penniless Wild - Seat Back - by Tambo Man - 11-09-2019, 08:45 AM
RE: Penniless Wild - Seat Back - by Hainwerker - 11-09-2019, 09:55 AM
RE: Penniless Wild - Seat Back - by Eastwood - 13-09-2019, 02:30 AM