Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Hope and The Sea
(21-08-2019, 11:14 AM)Quathamer Wrote: That's fair, but I would still argue that you still have a lot of control over the style and feel of the track. Whether the band is good or not, nobody will listen to them if it's boring or sounds like crap. I think it's the engineer's job to make it interesting for the listener as much as it's the band's job to make it interesting. That's why the best engineers are the best engineers, because they know how to make people listen to their music.

Sure. You can do anything you want with a song and an arrangement. Nothing is necessarily right or wrong. Artists may chose a mixer because of the genre they are best known for or the work he or she may have done but they will miss as many times as anybody if they don't capture the intent of the artist. In the case of the songs we mix here, that is mostly a moot point as there is little or no interaction with the artist. That gives us freedom to take any direction we want without repercussion. Not much of a true test since the only people who listen to our mixes are the other melon heads doing the same thing we are. Comparing our mixes to mixes done for artist like Adelle I think is somewhat pointless. We have no market test here, only the ears of others like ourselves. And just because she may have approved something does not make it right. Anomalies abound everywhere. Great mixers know how to enhance and embellish an artist's work. Saying they know how to make people listen I think is a bit over the top.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital Only Logic Proz Hope and The Sea - by Mixinthecloud - 21-08-2019, 02:00 PM