Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carol Dant's 'Do Not Stand' (EquilibriumMIX)
(04-09-2019, 06:59 AM)Monk Wrote:
(22-08-2019, 07:19 AM)Equilibrium Wrote: Of course, I missed these details, thinking more about the global concept.

It happens to us all.

I personally wouldn’t get too hung up on the points. Perhaps what is more important is understanding human nature and finding ways to defeat it, or work better with it’s idiosyncrasies so your workflow suits your needs.

I’d try a few check sheets with some bullet points briefly listed; call them Mind Joggers, pointers that prevent us from forgetting key things. It would help focus the mind. Eventually, if you made this flow a routine in every mix, it would become ingrained, habitual.

Pin them on the wall next to you so they are always in your face? Read them before bed, sleep on it?

Get creative with your processes, find ways that help you focus on certain things at certain times. Be inventive. Brian Eno uses a card system when he’s producing, for example. He calls them Oblique Strategies, iirc. You could do a similar thing when mixing, or even mastering.

Just some ideas, but I hope this helps Wink
Keep it coming.

Thank you very much!
Alexander

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carol Dant's 'Do Not Stand' (EquilibriumMIX) - by Equilibrium - 04-09-2019, 08:09 PM