Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Penniless Wild - Seat Back -New Mix 4
I had a tough time with this one. I couldn't get the loudness and power I wanted even though this is presented at -11.9 LUFS 4.6 LU which is loud for me. The BGVs were a nightmare.

Be that as it may, I humbly offer my take on this haunting ode. One thing I'm sure we all love is the singer's voice. The unique quality and soulfulness of it does not come around often. I'm not sure I captured it very well.

The Penniless Wild - Seat Back - Mix 3

Inspiration for this new approach was sparked on a ride home listening to a song on the radio which was heavily limited. It gave me the power I wanted without busting the level meter. This was mastered at -13.1 LUFS, 7.4 LU, which is significantly less than Mix 1's levels.

I also did some arrangement changes which I think enhanced the presentation.

The Penniless Wild - Seat Back - Mix 4

The BGVs in this were buggin' me man... So I copied and pasted two good ones and replicated them through the arrangement. That helped.

Fine-tuned the delay and echo character on the first guitar and lead vocal and polished up the over-drive phrases on the second guitar.

Added some character to the toms and drums overall.

-11.7 LUFS; 7.3 LU

Anyway, thanks for listening,
mITc

.mp3    The Penniless Wild - Seat Back.mp3 --  (Download: 10.32 MB)

.mp3    The Penniless Wild - Seat Back - Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.34 MB)

.mp3    The Penniless Wild - Seat Back - Mix 4.mp3 --  (Download: 10.34 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
The Penniless Wild - Seat Back -New Mix 4 - by Mixinthecloud - 30-07-2019, 02:39 AM