Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night Penniless Wild
Oh yes, it feels good to do some late-night mixing.

Took a more dark-analogue approach to this one. Lots of low-end distortions, lots of compressed verbs and a phased slap got this one in the right mood. Trick vocal.

As always, all in logic pro x and none of my outboard gear.

STEMS Downloadable via LINK Including effects stems.
Gimme the STEMZ
** Edit - If you use my stems for your mix, please mention it in your mix description. If you use them, I will be able to hear it due to the little changes I've made to the tracks, and I've heard my stems at least 4 times in mixes by others.
All stems are bounced at 1.1 start with plugins enabled at mix volumes and should just drop in to a daw per my mix - feel free to download and solo to make comparisons. Any questions? Ask away.

A brief explanation of my approach to this one:
- A mid-heavy kick and distorted gated snare with a little compression.
- slap delay on toms, no compression just a gate.
- squashed room mics - so the sound and tone comes through without ruining the dynamics of the drums
- separate lowband/hiband bass channels for compression and tone control
- guitars have a little overdrive and a long modulated plate - no eq/gate/compression necessary
- keys have a little drive also, but compressed and darkened slightly then sat right back in the mix for tone and body support
- BVs are cleaned, edited, overdriven, EQed, pitch-shifted, compressed, overdriven some more, EQed again to make brighter, FX - slap, plate, hall and delay.
- LV is compressed, EQed and overdriven, then a slap, little hall and 3 separate delays mixed in slightly.
- master has a highpass filter @ 35hz, a very subtle overdrive - barely noticeable, and a limiter. No compression or EQ.

.mp3    Penniless Wild_Seat BackM1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.21 MB)

~
Other Mixes

Messages In This Thread
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night Penniless Wild - by Quathamer - 20-07-2019, 07:51 PM