Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel a "Little Bit Lighter"
So my first question would be, are you moving away from ProTools or just taking a break?

I have an older version of PT. It was nearly the only serious game (DAW) in town when I needed something to record some stuff on the wife. So, it's an old familiar friend.

My next question would be, have you tried StudioOne (being that I am user!)? I know a lot of people who would recoil from the mention of S1 but if you are an analogue guy in a digital world, it really presents a great interface. I have found it very intuitive and the native plugins are fine, although the one with the most toys, wins which S1 accommodates well (not sure about reaper plugins).

No, actually had to look who made S1 (Presonus). Have heard good stuff about their A/D interfaces and mic pre's.
I tried Harrison a few years back and would agree with your assessment of it. The plugin limitations were the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I have only glimpsed at Reapor and FL Studio and have a version of ProTools I can run, but ProTools is just counter-intuitive for me, or I have a block on it and can't see the AVID forest through my trees.

Reaper has been what I've been using lately. It comes with a decent assortment of plugins.
I occasionally do voice work and have been using it for that as well as these Cambridge mixes. Occasionally, after an export, it gets into this fuzz tone mode on input..which I haven't sorted out. Sometimes I have to reboot everything.

Messages In This Thread
I feel a "Little Bit Lighter" - by NewtonThomas - 04-07-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: I feel a "Little Bit Lighter" - by Roy - 06-07-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: I feel a "Little Bit Lighter" - by kjedrusiak - 07-07-2019, 01:21 AM
RE: I feel a "Little Bit Lighter" - by NewtonThomas - 09-07-2019, 06:20 PM