Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Gets In The Way... Of My Mixing!
It's great when the bass guitar part just works!

This is right up my ally, with a smorgasbord of guitar tones. I've died and gone to heaven.Tongue
Listening to the preview my first thought was of The Angels album "skin and Bone" so I've used the song "Movin' On" as a reference. The vocal does remind me of Mark Callaghan from Gang Gajang at times also.

This is a killer song Andrew. Thanks for letting us play.Big Grin

This is my first slap together. I might have to tone down those cymbols in my next pass. Some extra sweetening maybe in order also. Thanks for listening. Comments welcome always.Big Grin

Dave.

Update 07/07/2019 Mix #2 Added

Hopefully a little tighter and more refined this time round.
As per Roy & FytaKyte's critique, I have tighten the vocals especially the backings and have dropped them back a tad. Also with the drums, I have tighten these up and sat them back a little, throwing more emphasis towards the guitars and their drive. I have awoken the guitars through the choruses quite a bit infact, perhaps too much so, but I love the growl! I have also automated their parts extensively throughout the song for that added excitement. Overall I'm liking the direction the mix is heading with these edits in place.
Thank you good people.Smile

.mp3    FytaKyte_LifeGetsInTheWay_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte_LifeGetsInTheWay_Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Life Gets In The Way... Of My Mixing! - by Dangerous - 30-06-2019, 12:27 PM