Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My "Rainy Day II" mix
Wow! This was quite the surprise to hear, lots of interesting effects going on it sounds like.

First off, what was done to the acoustic guitar? It sounds like there is a low pass filter used fairly aggressively and that it was panned to the left with a delay sent the right. Whatever it is, it creates quite the unique sound for it!

Second, the drums and by Zeus, particularly the snare! I'm very curious on what's going on. I like that the snare is brighter and cracks like an egg but I think the drums as a whole are too bright. I don't know if it's possible to keep the snare as it is while taming the rest of the set given the recordings I provided but I think it would be to the benefit of the mix. Also, on the second part, it sounds like there is a gate in effect that opens the hall mic on each kick and snare hit. I found this very distracting and would rather have heard it either open or closed the whole time.

Third, what was done to the backing vocals? I feel like they mesh together very well and am a bit jealous of it ;].

Overall, I'm conflicted on whether I like it or not but there are more things that I like than not. I think the mix is too harsh and over-compressed but at the same time the space feels very packed and intense. I like the reverse delay on the electric guitars and felt that your use of effects in general contributed to the atmosphere rather than just exist as cool sounds. I find myself less happy with and wanting to remix my version of the song after hearing mixes like this on the forum so thanks for contributing!

Messages In This Thread
My "Rainy Day II" mix - by jeffssoloband - 22-06-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: My "Rainy Day II" mix - by GinghamJones - 22-06-2019, 08:21 PM
RE: My "Rainy Day II" mix - by jeffssoloband - 23-06-2019, 04:53 PM
RE: My "Rainy Day II" mix - by rageix - 23-06-2019, 05:43 AM
RE: My "Rainy Day II" mix - by jeffssoloband - 23-06-2019, 04:03 PM